The Palma city council has designed a security plan to protect against possible terrorist attacks and increase the degree of protection for functionaries and users of the services. It will be applied in various stages. Yesterday a machine used to check parcels, packages and letters entering the city hall was installed near the entrance. The security plan, designed by a city council department, will also make changes to the main floor of the city hall in Plaza Cort. It will be made a restricted access area, and will be permanently controlled by security staff, co-ordinated by the Local Police, who will be in charge of identifying people visiting the mayor's office and other parts of the building.
Security measures are tightened up at city hall
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe