The Infanta Elena, elder daughter of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, yesterday gave birth to a little girl at a Madrid clinic. Little Victoria Federica will be the fourth in line to the Spanish throne. She is the Infanta's second child and the King and Queen's first grand-daughter, the other two grandchildren being boys. The birth yesterday was by caesarean operation. The Infanta's husband, Jaime Marichalar, visibly overjoyed, said that his wife had given birth to a beautiful three and a half kilo baby. He said that mum and child were doing well. The Infanta was taken to hospital early yesterday morning and gave birth at mid-afternoon. Queen Sofia, rushed to Madrid from Majorca, so that she could with her daughter at the birth. King Juan Carlos was still on the island yesterday but he was expected to fly to Madrid yesterday afternoon to see his new grand-child.
Infanta Elena gives a birth to baby girl, Victoria Federica
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe