A Chinese waiter confessed in front of a Palma court yesterday to the murder of a 32-year-old Chinese artist and her two-year-old son in Portocristo in August last year. The 27-year-old waiter told the jury that he was madly in love with Xu Weidi who he had first met while he was working in her father's Chinese restaurant, also in Portocristo. I never told her that I loved her. We never even kissed but I used to give her presents to show my affection, he said. I thought that she liked me but couldn't show it because she was in the process of getting divorced from her husband. The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said that after leaving her father's restaurant he continued to bombard her with love letters. On August 19 he travelled from his home in S'Illot to her apartment in Portocristo. He waited until she returned a few hours later and is then alleged to have slit Weidi's throat with a kitchen knife. Police said that he murdered her two year old son in a similar fashion. Initially I wanted to die next to her, but I just left the scene and ran.
Two murders most foul
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property