Maria Antonia Munar, president of the Council of Majorca, accompanied by chief minister of the Balearics Francesc Antich, and Parliamentary Speaker Maximilià Morales released doves outside the Cathedral yesterday, after a religious service on the occasion of Majorca Day, the Diada de Mallorca. This is the fourth year that the Diada, a reaffirmation of Majorcan nationality and an illustration of the cultural diversity of the island, has been held and events took place in various towns and villages starting at the beginning of the month.
Authorities release doves on Majorca Day
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property