Richard Ponches was last night being treated in Muro Hospital after suffering serious injuries when he fell from a fifth floor apartment balcony in the early hours of yesterday morning. According to the Guardia Civil, the victim, who was last night said to have been in a serious condition, had been out on the town with a friend and at around 4.50 am returned to the Can Picafort block of flats. Apparently on reaching the flat he realised that he had left his keys inside and decided to climb in to the apartment via the balcony. As the 23-year-old tried to get round over the balcony, he apparently lost his balance and fell 12 metres. Police said it was a miracle he survived as he hit the concrete street. The Guardia Civil said yesterday every summer in the Balearics an average of 15 people die after falling from hotel or apartment balconies.
Briton in critical condition after balcony fal
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe