The Balearics yesterday celebrated Christmas in the sunshine as the temperature in some parts of the island rose to over 20ºC, much more comfortable compared to 11ºC in London. From first thing yesterday morning, people started appearing on the streets of Palma and a steady flow of people walked up and down the Paseo Maritimo in Palma all day, enjoying the glorious weather and walking off the Christmas Eve excess, while also making room for Christmas Day lunch! Holidaymakers were making the most of the weather to take plenty of sunshine Christmas photographs to take home while there were joggers and cyclists aplenty.
Christmas on the beach in Majorca
Temperatures in some parts of Majorca rose to slightly over 20ºC
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Mark Cavendish teams up with Armstrong, Ullrich and Wiggins in Mallorca