By Humphrey Carter THE heightened state of security in Europe has led to two Palma flights being escorted across France by military fighter jets this summer. The latest incident occurred on Tuesday and involved a charter flight carrying over 200 British holidaymakers home from Majorca. An unknown fault apparently led to the Boeing 757-200 losing radio contact with French air traffic controllers as it flew between Bordeaux and Brest, entering another section of air space without the necessary authorisation.
Holiday jet security alerts
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort