THE Association of Majorcan Florists warned that it will complain to the councils and the Balearic Ministry for Commerce, that the big department stores and hypermarkets are practising unfair competition during the run up to All Saints Day (tomorrow). According to PIMECO (the Small and Medium Sized Businesses Association), to which the Association of Florists belongs, this unfair competition consists of the installation of temporary stalls selling flowers. According to PIMECO, this was done “in spite of the fact that they generally don´t have the appropriate licences” to sell flowers from these stalls.
Florists claim sales spoiled
Florists denounce “opportunists” and unfair competition
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- In the eye of the storm: flights cancelled, schools closed
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"