THE first park of its kind to be used for teaching the sport of Nordic Walking (akin to cross-country skiing) opened yesterday on the La Victoria country estate in Alcudia. Representatives from the regional Tourism ministry, Balearic promotional vehicle, Inestur, and the mayor of Alcudia presented the new installations yesterday which, it is hoped, will be an adjunct to promoting all-year-round tourism. There are 6 million followers of Nordic Walking in the world, a third of them in Germany.
Nordic walking school opens in Alcudia
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister