Palma.—A hostel in Can Pastilla was evacuated late on Monday night after a fire broke out in the laundry room on the top floor.
According to the emergency services the blaze was reported at 23.47 and it appears that it was started by a drier which had been over loaded.
Hostel staff immediately woke all of the guests and ordered them to evacuate the building.

While the blaze was on the top floor, there were concerns that the thick smoke would drift down the stair well and that the flames could leap down to the lower floors.

Fire crews, ambulance teams and units from the Local and National Police attended the scene which was cordoned off to allow the fire fighters immediate and easy access to the blaze. Two hours later, the fire was declared out and the guests were allowed to return to their rooms.

Comments

To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.