MARIANO Rajoy, the Popular Party (PP) candidate for Prime Minister, hit the election trail in the Balearics yesterday, heading rallies in Minorca, Ibiza and Majorca, where he arrived shortly after 8pm. He said his policy would be for a stable economy, which would allow the country to continue growing. And he predicted that coalitions such as the three party one in Catalonia will not last long, but will waste a lot of time. Spain, he said, needs serenity, balance and moderation. What the country does not need, he went on, is a coalition government without experience, without capacity, without ideas and not united. Rajoy was accompanied by Balearic leader Jaume Matas.
Rajoy explains what Spain needs
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt