0

A disabled German, 59, died in a fire at his home in Santa Ponsa. His sister, 81, was admitted to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
They were named as Udo Lochmuller and Ingerborg Erma.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electric heater which had been left on all night.
Initial reports indicate that it was close to a pile of clothes and papers, which eventually caught fire, giving off intense smoke which filled the room, the door to which was closed, and spread throughout the flat. The alarm was raised at about 5am yesterday morning, by a young man who saw smoke coming from the front door.
He and another man kicked down the door and began to try to put out the fire with an extinguisher until the Local Police of Calvia, the Guardia Civil of Palma Nova and the Majorcan fire brigade arrived. The woman received first aid on the spot and was then taken to Son Dureta, where she was admitted.
The man was found on the bed, and he is believed to have died of smoke inhalation, although an autopsy will be held to confirm this. According to police sources, he had tried to get into his wheelchair, but part of the ceiling fell on top of him. It was a tragic weekend in Majorca.
A man aged 22, Ezequiel Sancho Espi, died on Sunday when his car left the road at Na Burguesa, hit a tree and overturned.
The car was a complete write off and the body of the victim had to be cut free from the wreckage by the fire brigade.
This brings the death toll on Balearic roads up to 31 this year.
Also on Sunday, two men died of suspected drug overdoses. One man was found dead in a hostal room in Palma's Calle 31 de Diciembre. The second man was found in Llucmajor.