STAFF REPORTER THE economic crisis and the ever-increasing rate of unemployment continues to take its toll, including in the Balearics. No one is more aware of how the less privileged in the Islands are being affected than the Balearic Food Bank which over the past three months has registered a 78 percent rise in the number of people seeking primary foodstuffs.
Balearic food bank demand soars by nearly 80%
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt