FOLLOWING a recent fire bomb attack on the offices of a Balearic court, regional Interior minister, Jose Maria Rodriguez and Secretary of State for Justice, Luis Lopez Guerra met yesterday to discuss the subject of security for the Islands' judicial buildings. According to Balearic government sources, the meeting, which was also attended by Interior ministry director, Joan Rotger, took place at the request of Rodriguez who had made an official application to central government on 23rd February this year. He had wanted high-level attention paid to the ongoing issue of court administration security and how to prevent similar attacks happening in the future. Initial police assessment of the firebombing of a Palma court office which took place in February this year, was that whoever perpetrated the crime, knew what they were looking for. The assault, however, was largely unsuccessful in the sense that although there was immediate material damage, most files and papers remained intact.
STATE STEPS IN ON BALEARIC COURT SECURITY
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort