Palma.The band of cold weather, torrential rain -which turned to snow in the mountains - and gale force winds caught Majorca and Minorca by surprise. While torrential rain caused severe flooding in the north and north east of the island, the worst incident happened in the south east.
KILLER STORM HITS MAJORCA
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones