Madrid/Palma.Eviction procedures in Spanish courts for unpaid mortgages and rent hit a fresh record last year, a court oversight body said yesterday, as a sharp economic downturn and record unemployment continued to take a toll.
Number of evictions hits new record
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones