All the cases occurred in Majorca, although 11 people were taken ill in Minorca to where they had travelled, taking the chicken with them.
The food poisoning was caused by precooked chickens of the brand names Pimpollo and Pollo Asado Sada marketed by SADA, which has traced the source of the problem to a tube dispensing sauce for the chickens. The Balearic health ministry said that the products causing the illness were purchased before the Food Safety Agency ordered them to be withdrawn from the market at the end of last month. The chickens have a shelf life of 30 days. The number of victims nationwide is now 1'700 and the only region not affected is the Canary Islands.
A spokesman for SADA, which is based in Lominchar, Toledo, said that the installations and production lines affected by the outbreak are now being studied and will be replaced.
Digital temperature controls will be installed, he said, adding that even if the health authorities allow the opening of the premises affected, production will not be resumed until the installations have been changed.
The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.
Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');
mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.
Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.