The number of private jet flights departing and arriving from Son Sant Joan airport in Palma slumped by 25 percent this year compared with 2013.
Spanish airport authority AENA revealed yesterday that so far they can not explain the reason behind the decline, only that the number of passengers travelling this way has also gone down.
Up until October 2014, a total of 62 passengers and 44 flight operations were registered compared with the 130 and 71 from the previous year.
While 80 percent of the flights arrived from Barcelona and Madrid, a usual stopover for many jets before heading to Majorca, the remaining 20 percent came directly from Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Germany, United States, Belgium, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Czech republic, Turkey, Nigeria, Russia, Denmark, Portugal and Italy.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.