Parliament yesterday ratified the decree issued by the Balearic cabinet (“urgent measures for large retail establishments”) in order to address objections raised by central government - on constitutional grounds - to the Balearic Trade Act. The regional government obtained the support of all political parties with the exception of abstentions from the Partido Popular.
Suspension of licences for large retail sites ratified
Minister for trade, Iago Negueruela, says there was nothing “capricious” about the measure
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024