Fire crews and police forces have had to attend to a number of incidents caused by high winds. Fallen trees and some damage to property have been the main concerns for the emergency services. The highest wind has been recorded in the Serra Alfàbia in Bunyola - 118 kilometres per hour - with 80kph registered at the airport and 71kph in Puerto Pollensa.
Winds batter Majorca
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma