The IB-Salut public health service in the Balearics made special payments of a quarter of a million euros to medical staff last year in an attempt to reduce waiting lists and delays in treatment. This was achieved in that waiting times for surgery were cut by 3.4 days: they are now on average 110.9 days, whereas they had been 114.3 days in 2014. The number of patients waiting for surgery has also been reduced. At the end of last year it was 13,478, which compared with 14,487 at the end of 2014.
Patient waiting times for surgery reduced
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort