Researchers from the Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO) in the Balearics are to lead a project to analyse deep water in the western Mediterranean and specifically an anomaly in the temperature and salinity that arose in the harsh winter of 2005 and which still influences the sea's circulation and climate.
Mediterranean temperature changes to be studied by Balearic researchers
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones