Plans for the remodelling of Palma's frontline are gathering pace. The Balearic College of Architects (the professional institute for the islands' architects) has presented its project to the town hall. Contained in this are schemes for pacifying traffic on the Paseo Marítimo, for creating more space for pedestrians and for opening the city up more to the sea. The architects say that a transformation of the coastal frontline will only be possible through a reduction in the volume of traffic, which would mean the creation of a boulevard with moderate traffic levels and reduced speed.
Major cuts to traffic envisaged in remodelling of Palma's frontline
Also in News
- Change of location for Palma Christmas ball because it was too big
- Mallorca club owner busted for drug trafficking and possession of prohibited weapons
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Jurgen Klopp prefers Santa Ponsa over Qatar!
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones