The spat between Palma and Madrid over Financing for the regional government is to be the subject of a meeting between the two camps on Tuesday. Catalina Cladera, the Balearic finance minister, will sit down with the national minister (acting), Cristóbal Montoro, and inform him that the Balearic government rejects his demands on addressing the region's Deficit: Montoro announced earlier this week that he will be freezing 257 million euros of funding if there is no adjustment plan to comply with deficit requirements.
Cladera to meet Montoro over deficit row
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- Balearic alert as Britons start to put the brakes on international holidays
- Steven McManaman sells the family home in Mallorca
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!