Following last month's report of a sharp increase in foreign tourist spending in February in the Balearics, the latest figures from the Egatur survey of expenditure confirms a 32% rise for the whole of the first quarter. There was, however, a distinction between average daily spend and the average for a whole stay: the former was up by almost 9% to 126 euros, while the latter fell by 5.2% to 914 euros.
British visitors boost tourist spending in the Balearics
Also in News
- EasyJet flight intercepted by fighter as it heads to Balearic airspace
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived
- Masks could be reintroduced in Spain's top holiday destinations
- Delays in Palma because of easyJet strike