While a debate arose last week over night flights at the airport, what about flight noise in general? The Palma federation of residents associations says that the noise from flights is "unbearable". Its president, Joan Forteza, points to an increase in air traffic this summer and to there being on average a flight every 54 seconds. (This, it should be noted, isn't of course the situation during the night.)
Demand for more soundproofing against aircraft noise
Also in News
- Bank clerk accused of stealing foreigner´s two million euro fortune in Palma
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Mallorca-loving Emily is the hottest thing on the planet, says Brad Pitt