It was supposedly going to have been a tense day in parliament yesterday and for tourism minister Biel Barceló in particular. Podemos were angling for a motion of censure against Barceló. Ostensibly this was because of the Més contracts affair, which still manages to rumble on. However, the Podemos general secretary, Alberto Jarabo, had also referred to Barceló's management of tourism. The demonstration of 23 September is in part a response to the "great criticism of his management". Podemos have been seeking Barceló's resignation for months.
Barceló escapes censure as Armengol defends tourism
Also in News
- Super luxury Scenic Eclipse comes out of the cold in Mallorca
- Fire burns down a villa in Calvia
- Big increase in Balearic snake population (and they can also swim!)
- Illegal holiday homes could soon be available to rent (legally!)
- British cruise ship which made controversial visit to Cornish town docks in Palma