There was a report in the local Spanish media last week, and elements of the British press immediately latched onto it. Carlos Tarancón of Ciudadanos (C's) in Calvia was to present a motion to the council meeting, proposing that local police carry tasers.
Tasers for Calvia police?
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow