The Balearic government has made a big play of helping the local nautical sector. It has acknowledged just how important the sector is to the local economy, not only the investment it generates but also the jobs, and has pledged to create two colleges in the west and northeast of the island to help train local students much needed nautical skills. The vast majority of the skilled professional work has to come from overseas. and this is primarily because of a lack of training facilities on the island.
Balearic government rules out new or enlarged marinas
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma