President Armengol told parliament yesterday that there is "a problem" with spills of wastewater but that her government has been working on this since it took office. Armengol was referring in particular to the spills at Palma beaches that have occurred regularly over the past month because of the frequent downpours of rain. She stressed that the Emaya municipal services agency in Palma is to invest 30 million euros in addressing the problem.
Armengol rejects "apocalyptic tone" about beach spills
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- In the eye of the storm: flights cancelled, schools closed
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe