As expected, Pedro Sánchez and the Spanish government of PSOE and Unidas Podemos have gained Congress support for what will be the final extension to the state of alarm until 21 June. The voting support from other parties was as it was when the current extension was approved, led therefore by Ciudadanos and the PNV Basque Nationalist Party. On this occasion, votes against were lower, the ERC Esquerra Republicana Catalunya having abstained.
State of alarm
Spanish government secures final state of alarm extension
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow