Palma mayor, José Hila, expressed his hope on Friday that, with the start of de-escalation Phase 3 next week, more hotels will open so that more employees can leave ERTE and resume their jobs. Noting that this represented an important moment for a city which "lives from tourism", Hila said that there are to be two promotional campaigns. One of these, from mid-June, will target the national market, while the second will be for the German market and in cooperation with tour operators and the Council of Majorca. The city will be presented as a "safe destination".
Palma tourism promotion campaigns to be launched this month
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones