The Palma city council performed an embarrasing U-turn over the change of street names in the city this morning. They had announced that various street names in the capital would be changed because the people the streets were named after had connections with the Franco regime.
Where the streets have no name in Palma!!!!
City Council now backtracks over re-naming streets in the city
Also in News
- Britons could be denied entry to the Balearics next year
- Palma delays because of air-traffic control and Ryanair strikes
- British residents taking drastic action over driving licences
- First day of Ryanair strike could affect 73,200 passengers on Friday
- Spanish government announces new anti-crisis measures