Spain's health minister, Carolina Darias, acknowledged on Monday that a relaxation of measures at Christmas was not the "most appropriate" decision because it led to an increase in infections.
Minister accepts that "saving Christmas" was not the best decision
The Christmas relaxation sparked off a rise in infections
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday