Latest figures from the General Council of the Judiciary indicate that there were 1,147 reports of gender-based violence in the Balearics in the first quarter of 2021. These were down 15% compared with the January to March period of 2020 and were also 20% down on the final quarter of 2020.
Balearics no longer has highest rate of gender-based violence cases
Murcia had a higher rate in the first quarter
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones