When he was a child in Avila province, Albert Pascual's father bought 100 pigs, but the company he now leads has more than 9,000 - part of a major expansion that has put Spain on track to take over as the European Union's top pork producer this year.
From bratwurst to jamon EU pork sector crown shifts to Spain
Production in Germany falling as Spain's output climbs
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- Briton arrested for sexual advances on Liverpool flight
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!