The US Food and Drug Administration has classified a drug developed in Mallorca as an orphan drug, this being a drug that is not developed by the pharmaceutical industry for economic reasons but as a response to a public health need. It is typically the case that because a medical condition is rare, it would not be profitable to produce the drug without government assistance.
US approves cancer drug developed in Mallorca
Also in News
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- The ninety-day rule: "Exclusive interview with French Senator proposing end to 90-day rule"