Spain plans to ban the sale of pets in shops, convert zoos into wildlife recovery centres and impose prison sentences for abusers as part of its first animal-rights bill, which notably does not target bullfighting, for now.
Spain's animal rights bill targets zoos and pet shops but not bullfighting
As a first step, zoos will be barred from buying or breeding non-native species
Also in News
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca
- Anger over luxury yacht in Mallorca
- Let there be light, government office in Palma breaks government energy blackout!
- Spiderman hotel thief caught robbing guests while they slept in Mallorca
- Britons heading to the Balearics may not have to pay for visa until 2024