The Mar y Paz pool in Can Picafort will cease to be this week. A traditional meeting place by the sea for 52 years, it predates the 1988 Coasts Law, but its concession has not been renewed. Work is to begin on removing the pool and the adjacent beach bar. In its place there will be a square with terraced seating, a project for which Santa Margalida town hall has a 15-year concession from the Costas Authority.
Can Picafort's Mar y Paz pool will be "buried" this week
Also in News
- Indian summer in Mallorca, but will it last?
- Amber Heard's refuge in Mallorca
- Concern about possible return of cannibal drug to Magalluf
- British man has 100,000 pound watch ripped from his wrist in central Palma
- Spain is the only country in Europe which still has Covid restrictions for British travellers