In March 2019, a Mallorcan soldier with the Spanish Legion died from a rifle shot during manoeuvres in Agost, Alicante. The Prosecutor's Office is now demanding a seven and a half year sentence for the sergeant who killed 21-year-old Alejandro Jiménez. The military tribunal in Almeria is prosecuting eight people and the Prosecutor's Office has also accused three other soldiers. For a captain and a lieutenant, sentences of four and a half years are being demanded.
Seven and a half years demanded for sergeant who shot Mallorcan legionnaire
Also in News
- Indian summer in Mallorca, but will it last?
- Amber Heard's refuge in Mallorca
- Concern about possible return of cannibal drug to Magalluf
- British man has 100,000 pound watch ripped from his wrist in central Palma
- Spain is the only country in Europe which still has Covid restrictions for British travellers