Emmanuel Macron is on course to gain 58% of the French presidential election vote and a clear victory over Marine Le Pen of National Rally. This is a dramatic win for Macron and Republic on the Move, as the French electorate hasn't backed a president for two terms for twenty years. He is the first French president to win re-election since Jacques Chirac in 2002, and never before has a president been re-elected with a majority in parliament.
Macron secures victory in French presidential election
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow