Pepe Tirado is president of the Acotur association of tourist businesses. It represents businesses in Magalluf and Playa de Palma, the two resorts that attract most attention in terms of tourist excesses and illegal activities. These are the resorts at the forefront of the much spoken-about change of tourism model and transformation in favour of a quality tourism. While Acotur fully backs the need for this change, Pepe Tirado sees too little evidence of it in practice at present.
Magalluf - "Nothing's changing; everything's continuing like before"
Too little evidence of a change to the tourism model at present
Also in News
- Britons could be denied entry to the Balearics next year
- British residents taking drastic action over driving licences
- Palma delays because of air-traffic control and Ryanair strikes
- First day of Ryanair strike could affect 73,200 passengers on Friday
- Spanish government announces new anti-crisis measures