In the Balearics, the property transfer tax on sales of luxury homes of one million euros and more is 11.5%. The average tax rate is 8%, but there is now a special rate of 5% for the purchase of a first home so long as the price does not exceed 200,000 euros.
Balearics - highest tax for luxury homes in the country
Also in News
- Happy days for second homeowners in Spain?
- Take a look at what's on offer in this week's Classifieds!
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain