Just after 10am (UK time) on Saturday, the proclamation was read out: Prince Charles Philip Arthur George is now Charles III. This followed the formal announcement of the death of Queen Elizabeth II by the Lord President of the Council, Penny Mordaunt.
Charles is proclaimed King
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe