Real Mallorca’s adventure back in La Liga after a six-year absence lasted only one season when they lost 1-2 with nine men to Granada on Thursday night. In all honesty, relegation was always on the agenda after a poor season caused mostly by disastrous planning from our former CEO Maheta Molango and director of football, Javier Recio. Our coach Vicente Moreno did his best with what he had at his disposal and he can leave Real Mallorca with his head held high. In his spell here we played 116 games, won 47, lost 39 and drew 30. This is the fourth time I’ve seen Mallorca relegated since I got my first season ticket in 1984 and it doesn’t get any easier. The writing was on the wall with our away form letting us down. We also conceded 63 goals and one win and two draws on the road all season is not good. Another alarming statistic I found out yesterday was we’ve had 162 corners this season and haven’t scored from any of them !
Real Mallorca relegated after 1-2 defeat
Also in Sport
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property