Dear Sir, We read with both interest and distress your article on the deteriorating state of Pto Pollença. We have had a home here for 11 years and stayed in the Port since 1980. It was a beautiful place, clean and freshly maintained, but yes it has started to fall apart somewhat over the last few years. This has, I believe, coincided with the great amounts of time effort and money spent on the Marina area. There have been major works on this part of the Port for the last four or five years. I am sure that the local council see this as a great source of raising revenue, but who will want to come and moor at a place that is starting to look like a second rate town?
Puerto Pollensa has started to fall apart over past few years
Also in Holiday
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists