We have just returned home after another wonderful stay in north Majorca. We have had a house in the area for over 15 years, however our son had a road traffic accident a few years ago and is now in a wheelchair. Puerto Pollensa is our favourite resort, but we now realise it is terrible for people in a wheelchair. The road crossings are amazing and if the subject wasn't so sad it would be funny. Some pedestrian crossings have special markings for blind people and also a ramp on one side, but on the adjacent side it still has a 5 inch kerb.
Help handicapped people and offer better facilities
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman