Iraq's unconditional acceptance of the terms of the UN Security Council's Resolution passed last Friday is encouraging news especially since it came fortyeight hours before the deadline set by Resolution 1441. The next deadline is on December 9 by when Iraq has to provide a currently accurate, full and complete inventory of the weapons of mass destruction it is alleged to hold. To judge by the statement made yesterday afternoon by the Iraqi ambassador to the UN, this deadline may also be anticipated. He repeated what Saddam Hussein has also said, that Iraq possesses no weapons of mass destruction biological, chemical or nuclear. Iraq is clean said the ambassador and he said it in English, French and Arabic just to make sure it was heard.
So far so good
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister