In this space last Friday, under the heading Blunkett At Bay, reference was made to David Blunkett's irritable performance in the House of Commons on the previous day, to his lack of judgement in accusing a respected journalist of views on immigration bordering on fascism, and to his open criticism of some of his own senior civil servants in the Home Office. Yesterday came the news that Mr Blunkett had undergone major surgery at short-notice for a long-standing problem relating to his oesophagus and stomach and that he would be out of action until after Christmas.
Also in Holiday
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck