Dear editor, READING your Viewpoint from yesterday regarding the state of our beaches, prompted me to write this letter. I have visited 2 beaches quite recently on the island. The first one was Palmira Paguera beach. The water was cloudy and filthy full of unidentifiable bits and pieces, it did not look healthy and every so often the smell of sewage drifted across the beach. The second beach visited was Palma Nova near the Marina (usually very clean) but the water here was full of shredded plastic and paper it was filthy. Could this have been from liners and boats?
MORE UNKEPT BEACHES
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt